Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where's the Passion?

You know what I realized today? You will never go anywhere with your life unless you have passion and inspiration.

My mom was reminding me on the way to the doctors this morning about a couple of years ago when I went the Baltimore Feis (in September) and didn't remember my steps and was going over them with people before I went on stage because I hadn't practiced those steps since May. And then I was upset that I didn't do well and my mom felt bad for me but told me that I needed to put some skin into the game if I wanted to see any results.

Basically, if I wasn't gonna practice then what was the point of her paying for me to feises? Moms, I'm sure you've had to go through this with your DD (dancer daughter) at some point in their dance career.

I needed something to inspire me to do well and to practice my dancing. I started watching the older girls at my dance school who were in Prelim. I told myself I wanted to be like them. It took me about 3 years after that to get to Prelim.

Still to this day, I always keep something in my room that has a goal for me. I have a daily goal, a weekly goal, a monthly goal, a yearly goal, a long term goal, and a life time goal. I keep those goals there to remind me what I am working towards. I have to remember what that is or I won't have the inspiration to go to my basement and practice. Just remember practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.

Watch a parade of champions video on youtube or watch riverdance, lord of the dance, or feet of flames. It is inspiring and will give you something to make you go and practice and get better.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so now you're inspiring me to put some skin in the game and become the best dancer that I can - even though I'm way past my teens. Thanks for such an inpsiring blog! Please don't stop. Take us along on your dance career!!

    ReplyDelete